Thursday, January 24, 2008

Spring Awakening


Last night I put together this unique combination of amber beads and a moss-green pendant that I've had floating around for a while. It reminds me of the month of March, when tapping trees for maple syrup is at its peak and just the slightest of green grass can be seen peeking out of the snow. It's a shorter necklace at 15", but I can always add on an extension if need be. I named it "Spring Awakening" partly after the colors I used in it, and also after the Broadway show I have tickets to Saturday night!

This weekend will be round #1 for wedding dress shopping. Maybe I'll get lucky and won't need round #2? Wish me, my sister, and my mom luck!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Lovely necklace, but I really commented to wish you luck on the wedding dress search.

I'm one of those annoying people who found my dress on my first outing. It was actually the first one I tried on, although my mother made me try on a bajillion more that day.

I knew going in what I wanted - there were somethings that were not debateable - square neckline, empire waist, little decoration on the skirt. I got all that in my dress - along with a detachable train. :) So it can be done.

Here's to finding "your" dress the first time out. It's cliche, but believe me, you'll know when you've found THE dress.