Monday, February 11, 2008

My heart, be still

(photo courtesy of Flickr user Anita Jamal)

Those of you who know me well know my fascination/obsession with cupcakes. Even before they made their current resurgence, I was a big fan. They're a little piece of heaven with endless creative opportunities. For our wedding we are going to forgo wedding cake in favor of a cupcake tower, so you can imagine my excitement when I found the blog Cupcakes Take the Cake that describes itself as "All Cupcakes, All The Time...Everything you ever wanted to know about cupcakes from true cupcake fans." Needless to say I am now planning a lunch break trip to Magnolia Bakery, despite the -2 windchill in NYC today.

4 comments:

Marci said...

As much as I love Magnolia Bakery, the cakes/cupcakes from the Cupcake Cafe are my absolute favorite. (The icing is to DIE for!) If only my husband would be willing to splurge and bring one home for me.

There are some things that I miss about living in the city. Silly as it sounds, cupcakes are one of them.

Patty said...

Cupcake Cafe! Have not been there.. adding it to my list now. I'm not a HUGE fan of Magnolia, actually. BUT- it is within walking distance from work!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE these! I assume they taste as good as they look!

Kate Schreiber said...

Oh my goodness, I just looked at that blog and am absolutely swooning!!! There is a new-ish cupcake place near us in Quincy called Baby Cakes that I have been meaning to try - those photos may have pushed me over the edge! If it's as good as it looks I'll take you there Patty when you come up sometime! YUM!