Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Jersey City Love

I'll be the first to admit that I like Jersey City a lot more than I thought I was going to. When Nick and I first moved down here from Boston, I had in my mind that we were going to live in NYC or we weren't going to move at all. I thought, "what's the point of moving all that distance if I can't live in Manhattan? Brookln & Queens would have been ok too. But then, we started seriously looking around and decided that we really didn't want to be eating easy mac and rice-a-roni for the next year. Been there, done that in college. What's the point of living in one of the greatest cities in the world if you can't enjoy it?

Our first trip to Jersey City was a complete bust. I hated it. I told Nick that there was no way I was living there. Turns out though that we just hadn't discovered the best of what Jersey City has to offer. Granted there are still parts that are "frontier lands," as one real estate broker put it, but it has a lot going for it, including the best pancakes I've ever tasted at the Brownstone Diner & Pancake Factory and a "wedding cake martini" that is to die for at the Bar Majestic. So, in honor of Jersey City, aka "New York's six borough," I present to you some fine wares from other J.C. sellers. Enjoy!

Yarn from seller stickyfingers that makes me drool

Cute mini-hearts from blacklilys

Clock-winder pendant from katrinbird

1 comment:

Kate Schreiber said...

I am very happy to hear that your new home has grown on you so much! You certainly make it sound enticing with those yummy pancakes!! :)